C.K.M.N.S.S SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL, CHALAKUDY
38th ANNUAL DAY CELEBRATIONS
Distinguished Chief Guest of the day Anjaly Nair (Cine Artist), President of Chalakudy NSS Educational, Cultural & Charitable Society,Mr. Adithya Varma Raja, Our Manager, Mr. C Prakash Kumar, SMC Chairman & Academic Director Prof.C.P.Jaisankar, Members of the Board, Members of SMC & Academic Council, Vice Principal Ms.Uma.P.Menon , PTWA members , Teaching & Non- Teaching Staff , My dear Students, Ladies & Gentlemen,
Initially, I bow to Sri.Mannathu Padmanabhan, the peerless leader of the Nair Community, the immortal founder of the Nair Service Society and the great social reformer. With due respect, I express my heartfelt gratitude to Mr.Madhavan Nair, the founder Secretary; whose untiring work promoted our School to the present level.
It is my privilege and pleasure to present the 38th Annual Report of Our School. The educational process of more than 1500 students on the roll of CKMNSS is sustained and supported by 95 well trained Teaching Staff & 54 Non – Teaching Staff. The Year 2017 has been an eventful one.
The education system has undergone change not only in its approach to imparting syllabus-oriented lessons in classrooms but also in evolving new concepts that are seen as a befitting response to the changing socio-economic order and cultural impacts of modernisation. So much that the traditional schools are least preferred when compared to modern schools, which by and large offer better facilities and better learning environment.
But, a capitalistic tendency is apparently visible in the ongoing changes in the education system across the world where the entire education system has assumed a commercial proposition, thanks to liberalisation, privatisation and globalisation. India, now almost a developed nation and witnessing progress at a fast pace in several spheres, including school and higher education systems, is no exception to these changes. So much so that national and international organisations have crossed rivers and oceans to expand their base by way of offering franchise rights to local institutions.
However, while infrastructure facilities vary to some extent from one school to another, the well defined and constructive approach towards the bringing up of a young child is more or less similar. Each one is trying to make the child learn by way of participation in various activities and by allowing them to enjoy the process of learning. The focus is on all-round development of the child, besides helping them develop a perception towards learning aand reasoning, as also to groom them with good behavioural skills and developing a positive attitude towards life so that they can grow into responsible citizens.
Thus, CKMNSS has adopted new teaching methodologies, which aid strengthening learning abilities, grasping power, observation, reasoning, exploring innate potential in each child and developing skills of expression. This is in contrast to methodologies adopted in traditional schools where both parents and children complain of stress and lack of creative approach to learning. We set a balance between academic and co-curricular activities during last few years which helped the child in learning on his own rather than being tutored by the teacher.
The response has been on the rise with every passing year as parents are satisfied with the kind of environment and teaching methodologies offered. Parents have become highly conscious of the competitive world and they do not want to see their children lag behind and are trying their best to give the children the best.
With a spacious Auditorium, Well equipped & Computerized Library, 3 Computer Labs, 3 Science Labs, a well established Math Lab, Audio Visual Lab, Language Lab, Bio-Technology Lab, Fashion Lab, CCE Room, Multi Gym, and Spacious Play Ground including Basketball Court. etc. make up a very good infrastructure of CKM NSS.
Digi Active Classrooms
Digi-school is an interactive browser based E-learning portal that uses the power of multimedia to make learning an enjoyable and meaningful experience. With Digi-school, pictures and animations bring to life scientific and mathematical principles while interactive multimedia allowing students to play an active role in learning. The School has facility of fully digitalized Classrooms right from K.G to Grade XII. This environment offers our children with global learning opportunities. It improves student’s self esteem and most of all it provides collaborative and cooperative learning.
20 School Buses with a team of 20 drivers ensure the smooth and safe transporting facility for the students in all possible directions.
Now let me take you along a few important milestones of this Academic Year.
New Academic Year
The School reopened on 1st June, 2017 after the Summer Vacation. Committed to the new vision of Child- centered Education, the teachers were focused to facilitate learning in a caring and sharing atmosphere at the same time ensuring the maximum efficiency in teaching- learning process.
In view of updating themselves in this year, various sections of teachers attended different Seminars and workshops conducted by Sahodaya School Complexes, Thrissur (SSCT) and various publishers and arranged an array of orientation programmes for teachers, students & Parents internally.
• Motivational class by Mr. Sunil Kuruvila.
• Value based motivational class by Dr. S Jayasooryan.
• Orientation programme on issues of students by Ms. Reny Anand and Ms. Hrudya.
• Spocken English Classes for all teachers by Mc. Millan publication.[3 sessions]
• Orientation Programme by Dr. P Asokan on ‘RISK’ faced by the children in life .
• Orientation Programme by Dr. P Asokan on ‘Fire & Safety’ for teaching and non-teaching staff. He explained types of fire and various preventive measures with practical session.
• Motivational and career orientation for student of grade 9-12 (3 sessions)by Principal
• Sreeja M Sudhan & Asamol K P attended KG Teachers training at Paramekkavu Vidya Mandir, Punkunnam
• Rathy R, Elizabeth Mathew, Sreeja K, Reena Thomas, Geemol Devassy, Mayadevi T, Bindu T U were attended Secondary Teachers Programme at IES Public School, Chittilappilly.
• Ms. Sindhu Vijayan attended a one-day workshop conducted by Maduban Educational Books at Hotel Pooram
• Ms. Reena Thomas attended the Capacity Building training programme for Secondary Maths Teachers at Vyasa Vidya Nikethan Central School, Chalakudy.
Academic year 2017-’18 proved to be a year of accomplishments for CKMNSS as the year dawned with the remarkable achievement in the Board Examinations.
In the Secondary School Examination (SSE), the percentage was 100 while 17 students passed out with A1 Grade in all Subjects. They are-
1. VISHNU P
2. AKHILESH S
3. ALEXANDER CHONEDAN OUSEPH
4. AMAL KRISHNA A A
5. ANGEL BABU
6. ANUPAMKRISHNA K
7. ARJUN VINODKUMAR
8. KEERTHANAMARIYA JESTINE
9. LAKSHMI P
10. MADHAVI C
11. MEENAKSHI THEERTHA
12. NIGETHA JUSTIN
13. PRANAV V
15. SREELAKSHMI K S
16. SREELAKSHMI S MENON
17. THIMNA RAPHEL
In All India Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (AISSCE) March 2017, it was remarkable that all 117 Students who appeared in the Examination, passed out 14 students with 90%, First Class for 41 students while, 71 Students secured Distinction.
Harikrishnan L was the School Topper of Science Stream with 95.2 %
Osia Varghese was the School Topper of Commerce Stream with 88.8 %
Achievers’ Day was celebrated on 7th July 2017 .The Guest of the day, Professor Sreedevi, Head of the Malayalam Dpt. Panambilly College, Chalakudy distributed Awards & Trophies for School Toppers, Subject Toppers and all distinction holders of AISSE & AISSCE ’17.
Temple of Arts
Temple of Arts conducted Certificate courses in Fine Arts, Languages & Yoga approved by Annamlai University. Mr. Baburaj Master Inaugurated the Sangeetharadhana..
A good number of students participated in various competitive exams such as Math, Science & Cyber Olympiad, Math talent examination by Ganitha Shasthra Parishad, Essay writing competition by Sri Sathya Sai Seva Samithi, Balajana Sakhyam - Music Competitions, Hindi Prachar Sabha Examination etc.
Development of Leadership Qualities among the students was one of the main concerns of the school.
School Council :
HEAD BOY : Master EMMANUEL SHAJU
HEAD GIRL : Kumari MEENU R
ASST. HEAD BOY :Master AKSHAY P BAIJU
ASST.HEAD GIRL :Kumari ANANYA A B
ARTS CAPTAIN (BOY) : Master AGNEL V JOY
ARTS CAPTAIN (GIRL) : Kumari KEERTHANA MARIYA JESTINE
SPORTS CAPTAIN (BOY) :Master PAUL MOOTHEDAN
SPORTS CAPTAIN (GIRL) : Kumari SANIGA S KUMAR
4 Housewise Captains & Vice Captains
HOUSE NAME : C V RAMAN
CAPTAIN : MADHAV MANOJ
VICE CAPTAIN : AISWARYA JAIKUMAR
ASST. ARTS CAPTIAN (BOY) : ARJUN UNNIKRISHNAN
ASST. ARTS CAPTIAN (GIRL) : ALIYASEES P
ASST. SPORTS CAPTIAN (BOY) : JOSTIN PAUL
ASST. SPORTS CAPTIAN (GIRL) : RESHMA GEORGE
HOUSE NAME : RAMANUJAN
CAPTAIN : HARIDAS DEEPAK NIKAM
VICE CAPTAIN : ANDREA BABU
ASST. ARTS CAPTIAN (BOY) : ARJUN KRISHNA K
ASST. ARTS CAPTIAN (GIRL) : DHRISYA V B
ASST. SPORTS CAPTIAN (BOY) : AMAN E S
ASST. SPORTS CAPTIAN (GIRL) : ALEENA MADHU
HOUSE NAME : TAGORE
CAPTAIN : SHIBIN GIRISH
VICE CAPTAIN : NANDANA SARATH
ASST. ARTS CAPTIAN (BOY) : NIVED MENON
ASST. ARTS CAPTIAN (GIRL) : SHRADHA HARIDAS
ASST. SPORTS CAPTIAN (BOY) : ANTONY ANIL
ASST. SPORTS CAPTIAN (GIRL) : ALIT RAIMON
HOUSE NAME : VIVEKANANDA
CAPTAIN : ARJUN VINOD KUMAR
VICE CAPTAIN : UMA MAHESWARI
ASST. ARTS CAPTIAN (BOY) : RISHIKESH S MENON
ASST. ARTS CAPTIAN (GIRL) : ATHIRADAS K
ASST. SPORTS CAPTIAN (BOY) : NITHIN KRISHNAN N D
ASST. SPORTS CAPTIAN (GIRL) : MISNA BOSE
Junior council members are:
JUNIOR HEAD BOY : Master GAUTHAM PRASANNAN
HEAD GIRL : Kumari SWEETHA P R
ASST. HEAD BOY : Master MUHAMMED ALTHAF K A
ASST.HEAD GIRL : Kumari SANTHWANA MERINE JESTINE
ARTS CAPTAIN (BOY) : Master MILAN ANOOP NAIR
ARTS CAPTAIN (GIRL) : Kumari JYOTHIKA R
SPORTS CAPTAIN (BOY) : Master PAVAN KRISHNA K V
SPORTS CAPTAIN (GIRL) : ANJANA K S
As in yester years, we were concerned with the Scientific Temper among students. Bio Technology students of Grade XI & XII had participated the seminar at St. Joseph College , Irinjalakuda. Tarun Thomas of Grade VIII was selected for residential program ‘Hackathon Workshop’ conducted by LPSC (ISRO) 2017 at Thiruvananthapuram. Two teams of three students each participated in SHASTRA-2018 Children’s Science Congress at Campion College, Edappilly and one team bagged first place in their category.
Improvement of Communication Skills is one of the target themes of the school. Morning Assembly is made a special occasion where both communication skills as well as the leadership qualities are fostered. The best English speaking student of the week is selected and appreciated during the assembly. Best English Speaking students are selected as mentors for the lower classes to improve through training. In this academic year, a special mentor staff also is appointed.
The Educational process at CKMNSS involved the Students in various humanitarian and social activities. Our students collected food items, bathing & clothing materials and contributed to orphanages & old age homes.
Counseling and Special Support
Full time service of a specialized counselor is available to identify the students in need of special help. She diagnoses the problem areas scientifically and facilitates them in the learning process. Free coaching classes are conducted periodically for the identified students by the subject teachers after the school hours, which is a vital part of our child centered education.
It is a separate block which includes Montessori and Kindergarten. It is a delightful place filled with laughter, chanting of rhymes, singing songs and impish mischief creating an atmosphere of innocence and gaiety. For the little ones here, learning is a joyful experience as they are initiated into social and study skills without any stress and strain. The K.G teachers make concerted efforts to ensure all- round development of these kids. Kids’ Fest was celebrated on 14th November 2016.
The Parents of CKMNSS are the backbone of the School. By the General Meetings held on 20th, 21st, 23rd, 24th & 25th June 2016, PTWA Executive Members were elected. Later in the PTWA Executive Meeting Mr. C N Valsan was elected as the President and Ms. Bindhu Madhu and Mr. Unnikrishnan K M as the Vice - Presidents of PTWA. This year, we have a vibrant & dynamic committee & they actively participated in all school events. Regular interaction with parents at open houses, parents-teachers meetings, PTWA Executive meetings apart from the individual meetings of Parents with teachers and Principal, make the schooling of children at CKM NSS, a fruitful partnership between Parents and the School.
The well equipped and spacious School Library is being well utilized by Students. It has become the pivotal point of student- centered education. The Library further enriches and supports the CCE based Educational Programme of the School. Our well arranged Library welcomes the parents also.
Class wise trips were arranged and conducted for the students of KG to Grade XII - Special packages up to 3days for higher classes.
Various Clubs under the guidance of Teachers - in-charge had innovative and vibrant activities. The Young Logic and Science clubs conducted power point Presentations, Quiz competitions and Exhibitions. Eco club students went for field trips. They have planted medicinal saplings and engaged in field works. We celebrated Karkkidaka Fest as usual.
As part of club activities we had,
• Extra Curricular activities during Activity period on all working days.
• Sahithya Samajam meetings on every Fridays.
• Photography club conducted Caption writing competition
• Book Exhibition by Academic Bookhouse, Paper Bay Children’s Book and Fun store & Thrissur Book Store.
• Ganith Week was celebrated by Maths Club
• One Act Play Competition was conducted by Drama / Theatre Club.
• Hindi Day was celebrated as part of Literary Club Activity
• Sanskrit Day was celebrated.
• Environment Day Celebrated on 5th June 2017. Various competitions conducted.
• World Music Day Celebrated on 20th June 2017.
• Karkidaka Fest celebrated with different events. Karkidaka Kanji was distributed.
• Ramayana Parayanam Competition was conducted for the students of VI- XII in connection with Karkidaka Fest.
• An exhibition for Medicinal plants conducted in the Auditorium for the students of
• Grades VIII-X in connection with Karkidaka Fest.
• In connection with Onampookkalam Competitioons were held.
• Celebrated Onam in grand manner. Feast was arranged for Students and staff.
• In connection with Gandhi Jayanthi Celebration Social Science department conducted a Poster Making Competition for the students of Grades VIII – X.
• In connection with Children's Day our school conducting various competitions Face Painting Mehandi Designing.
Extra – Curricular Activities
The pursuit of Academic Excellence in no way hinders the extracurricular activities in the campus, which paves the way for the total development of the personality of a child. In keeping with our objectives of fostering the special talents and skills of our students, the school has been witnessing a flurry of activities throughout the year.
Arts Fest2017 was inaugurated on 10th August 2017 by Sri. Sreekanth Murali (Film Director, Actor) was the Chief Guest. Arts Fest valedictory function was on 11th August 2017 Chief Guest: Sangeetha Sreekanth( Play back Singer)
The fest had been an occasion at CKM NSS to make the students aware of the rich heritage of climatic, cultural, traditional and mythical features of the month of Karkkidakam. Karkkidaka Fest was inaugurated by Mr.Satheesh on 16th July.
Onam Celebrations of this year was on 30th August. It was very special with active participation of Students, Staff and Parents. Still models, traditional art forms as tableau from 4 houses, Thiruvathirakali, Onappattu competitions and a grand Onasadya were arranged.
>b>CBSE Karate Championship
CBSE Karate Championship of this Academic Year was hosted by our School. The event was conducted on 6th and 7th January and Chalakudy Municipality Chair Person was the Chief Guest.
Annual Sports Meet
Physical training is an important segment of School Education which is facilitated at CKM NSS by 3 full time Physical Education teachers. The School Athletic Meet held in two days 16th & 17th November 2016 gave chances to all students to display their sporting skills in a competitive way. ANNUAL SPORTS MEET 2017 inaugurated Mr. Jayesh Balan (Sub Inspector of Police, Chalakudy) in the School playground.
Thrissur District CBSE Athletics Meet
We were privileged to host Thrissur District CBSE Athletic Meet this year. The event was conducted on 7th, 8th & 9th December. Chief Guest for the Inaugural Ceremony was Mr. K.U. Arunan (Hon.M.L.A., Irinjalakuda) . The Validictory function was inaugurated Dr. Mathew Paul Ukken (Principal, Christ Collage Irinjalakuda). 74 Schools in Thrissur District participated in this 3 days mega event.
Christmas of this year was celebrated on 22nd December for KG – XII with various programmes & the school closed for X’mas holidays.
We had a special Christmas & Annual day celebration for the kids of our KG – Grade V on 26th January 2017. The Guest of the day was Akshara Kishore, Child Artist. Various programmes were performed on stage by our kids.
Inter – School Competitions
• CBSE Cluster- X (U-17 & 19) Football Tournament 2017-18 was held at CMI Public School, Chalakudy.
• 4 students of Grade XII participated for TCSIT WIZ 2017 at
• 5 students of our school participated in All Kerala Junior Chef Competition CHRYSALIS – 2017 was conducted at Naipunya Collage. Jayadevan S Menon (Grade XI D) and Gopika Dhil (Grade XI A) won the First Prize.
• 5 students of Grade XII participated for ABHYUDAYA '17 A2 day workshop at Adi Sankara Institute of Engineering and Technology, Kalady
• TSC Kalotsav -2017, PowerPoint Presentation was conducted at Paramekkavu Vidya Mandir, Punkunnam
• In connection with UDISE a meeting was conducted at St.Donbosco GHS Kodakara.
• Our students of Biotechnology (Grade XI & XII) and Grade X attended the Seminar at St.Joseph College, Irinjalakuda.
• SSCT Band Competition 2017 was conducted at St. Dominic's Convent English Medium School, Vellani, Irinjalakuda
• TSC Karate Championship 2017 was conducted at Vidya Vihar Central School, Kakkassery.
• 8 of our students participated in Bhasholsavam at Co-operative Public School, Pudukkad
• Our student Vrinda M(Grade I C)participated in All Kerala Childrens’s Painting Contest organized by ODYSSIA, BLARAMA and YMCA.
• 19 students of Grade XII C went on an Industrial visit to Meriiboy Ice cream Factory, Ernakulam.
• ESSAF BANK conducted a Painting competition for Grades I –VI and Essay Writing competition for Grades VII- XII.
• 67 students of Grade VIII, XI & XII went on an Industrial Visit to Chendamangalam Weaving Centre, Paravoor, Ernakulam. Ms. Deeba Balakrishnan, Ms. Sudha G Menon and Mr. Gibu P B were escorting them.
• Lord’s Academy CMI School is organizing an inter-school quiz competition ‘ENQUESTA-2017’ on 22nd November 2017, for the students of Grade IX to XII.
• Our students participated in GOJUKAN Karate Championship League2017 at TSGA Auditorium, Thriprayar. They bagged many prizes.
• 29 students of our school participated in the Quiz programme ‘Saavishkar 2017’ at Rajagiri School of Engineering & Technology, Kakkanad.
• Our students participated in SSCT FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP 2017-18 at Salsabeel Central School, Mundur
• Our students participated in the Kerala State Karate Championship 2017-18 at Panambilly Auditorium, Chalakudy.
• Tarun Thomas & Krishna Dhath K J of Grade VIII participated in Inter School Quiz Competition at Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Kolazhy
• Tarun Thomas of Grade: VIII was selected for residential program ”Hackathon Workshop” conducted by LPSC (ISRO) 2017 at Thiruvananthapuram.
• Trissur District CBSE Karate Championship was organized by our school. Our students bagged medals and certificates.
• Our students participated in the TSC Kids’ Fest held at Arafa English School, Attur
• Students of Grade VII went for a River Walk conducted by Appolo Tyres, Perambra.
• Our students participated in the District Athletic Meet 2018 held at Govt. Engineering College Ground and Vimala College, Thrissur.
• Our students participated in SHASTRA-2018 Children’s Science Congress at Campion College, Edappilly. They won First Prize.
• Fifty student under the leadership of Principal Dr.P Asokan, Mr.Davis, Mr.Sreekanth nd Mr.Sheffin Periera participated in Cyclothon conducted by Energy Conservation Forum, Chalakudy, sponsored by PCRA
Pursuit of material success is the super most objective in the minds of young people now. It is making them more and more selfish and intolerant to others. They are almost rudderless without sense of direction. Academic background, career and good earning is important in life for happiness and satisfaction, but more important is living a quality life with humanity, compassion and self discipline.
We, the CKM NSS Sr. Sec. School provides all facilities including infrastructure to develop a full fledged career for our students –discover the ability they already possess , committed efforts to make them to win their life more excellently and thus to achieve our motto “ In Pursuit of Excellence”.
On this auspicious occasion may I seek the Blessings of the Pioneers of this great Institution; their great Vision and Commitment are behind this glorious Temple of Learning.
We are greatful to Mr.Adithya Varma Raja, President, Chalakudy NSS Educational, Cultural & Charitable Society whose positiveness in taking decisions helped us a lot for the upscaling of our School.
We are profoundly grateful to Shri. C. Prakash Kumar, the Manager and Prof. C.P. Jaisankar, our Academic Director - who have been instrumental in developing the Institution to its present stature.
I am also thankful to the Members of the Academic Council and School Management Committee for their support and encouragement.
My express my sincere appreciation to our Vice Principals Ms. Uma.P.Menon and Ms Mini KG for their support. Special mention to Co Scholastic Activity Coordinator Ms.Deepakrishna Unnikrishnan, Section Coordinators, and office staff whose whole concerted efforts and co-operation helped me a great deal in leading this temple of learning with ease and enthusiasm in both Academic and Administrative Matters.
Mention has to be made as regards to the Subject Coordinators in making the Educational Process of Education at CKMNSS smooth & efficient. I am deeply indebted to all the Members of Teaching and Non- Teaching Staff who are the real backbone of this Educational edifice. I appreciate and thank each and every one of them sincerely for their whole hearted and self less service and unstinting cooperation in the Educational process of CKMNSS.
I extend my thanks to the former Office Bearers of Chalakudy NSS Educational, Cultural & Charitable Society - Mr.Peethambara Menon , Mr. P Tharanatha Menon, Mr. K Madhavan Nair , Mr.Bhaskara Menon and our former Board members - Mr. P. G. Kumaran Nair & Mr.Padmanabha Menon - the building blocks of this school, as their sincere hardwork laid the path for the growth and development of this esteemed Institution, who are not with us now.
I express my sincere thanks to my predecessors Mr.Panampally PeethambaraMenon, Ms.Lalitha Ramaswamy, Mr. R Surendranath, Mr. S Madhavan Nair ,Mr. PKV Kurup ,Mr. T Gopinatha Menon, Mr. P Sivadas ,Mr. S Madhavan Nair , Mr. Chandrasekhara Menon, Ms. C Valsala , Mr. M Ramachandran , Mr. C V Abraham, Dr. George Challithara , Mr. P Vasudevan who had contributed their innovative ideas for the development of our School.
Gratitude to Endowments
• Endowment by Ms. Sobha Jayadevan in the name of her father Late. Sri. P. Tharanatha menon , Former President of Chalakudy NSS Educational, Cultural & Charitable Society for the outstanding performance of the students in extracurricular activities in the previous year
• Endowment by Sri. Vijayan Nair in the name of his son Late. Anish V Nair for the Academic Topper of Grade IX
• Endowment by Late . M Rajalakshmi Amma , w/o Late Sri. S Madhavan Nair.
• Endowment by Mrs & Mr.Ramachandran Paliyath in memory of their son Mr.Raghuram R
• Endowment by Mrs Sathy Pisharody in memory of her daughter Divya
• Endowment by Mr. Aziz, Ilanjipra, Former member of PTWA for the outstanding performance of the students in extracurricular activities in the present year
Let us all rededicate ourselves today to promote the Intellectual and emotional growth of students by developing their Intellectual Curiosity, Eagerness for Learning and ability to utilize knowledge for Creative Living. Let us spare our effort to reengineer CKMNSS as a place conducive for learning to take place, with an ambience of trust and orderliness so that our children imbibe human values, develop positive attitude to learning and life as a whole.
Finally, I take this opportunity to appreciate our Parents whose Support and Understanding have always been a motivating force behind our achievements and success , members of Karayogam, media , Jerusalem light & sound , Live media Ollure, Men behind stage decoration , make up men and each & every personality who had taken effort and supported us in this memorable day of our School.
At the end, I bow to the indomitable Spirit of CKMNSS, vibrating through our students; Their Dreams, Enthusiasm, Courage and Zest for Life and those that we all want to encourage, sustain, support, channelize and serve in the years to come.
Dr. P Asokan